A mid-nineteenth century Empire style mantel mirror. The three-piece mirror features a split baluster design with floral gesso detailing to the frame, corner blocks, and columns.
|Marks:||No Discernible Maker’s Mark|
- chips to painted finish along sides and to top, with some dents and dings to wood consistent with age and use.
- discoloration of paint and some crackling present to floral detailing.
- loss of silver to mirrors.
- imperfection to the wood to top edge near the center of the mirror, bearing rough edge and dents to wood.
- right-facing top of frame has a seam, with smaller piece coming loose.
- the frame has been refinished.