Sidney Chafetz Color Lithograph "Teflon Series #3," 1988
Sidney “Sid” Chafetz (Columbus, Ohio, 1922 – 2013)
Teflon Series #3, 1988
Color lithograph on paper
Signed and dated to the lower right margin
Born in Rhode Island, Chafetz studied at the Rhode Island School of Design in 1940. His education was interrupted and he was called to serve in the United States Army during World War II. Afterward, he returned to his studies at RISD and graduated in 1947. Sid later studied at L’École Americaine des Beaux-Arts and Académie Julian under Fernand Léger. He received a teaching post at Ohio State University and helped establish a strong printmaking program. After forty years, Sid retired to focus on his own art and exhibiting. He was the recipient of the Fulbright Fellowship, Ford Foundation Grant, and a Louis Comfort Tiffany Award. His works can be found in many collections such as the Cleveland Museum of Art, Museum of Modern Art, Library of Congress, and more.
- Please note, this is an item that may be especially difficult to move and/or transport. The winner is responsible for bringing appropriate assistance, vehicle, proper materials, and any necessary tools to pickup.
- Item not examined outside of mounting
- Please note, if the warehouse transfer to Cincinnati option is selected by the winning bidder, the item will be available in Cincinnati for pickup after three business days after payment has been finalized.
- buckling to artwork; scratches, scuffs, and accretions scattered to acrylic glazing and bars of frame.
- measurements of frame; sheet measures 34.5" W x 23.5" H.