18K Patek Philippe for Tiffany & Co. Calatrava Hobnail Case Wristwatch
Perpetuating Swiss watchmaking since 1839, Patek Philippe is the last family-owned independent watchmaker operating without interruption. Founded by Antonio Patek and Adrien Philippe, the company’s reputation is prestigious and boasts several of the most expensive timepieces ever sold at auction. Understandably, notable patrons include Queen Elizabeth II, Princess Diana, John F. Kennedy, Albert Einstein, and Pablo Picasso to name but a few. The company’s slogan is telling, ‘You never actually own a Patek Philippe. You merely look after it for the next generation.’
Tiffany & Co. is perhaps the world’s most iconic jeweler. Founded in 1837 by Charles Lewis Tiffany, focusing on stationary and other “fancy goods”, they soon moved to focus on jewelry and timepieces and by 1870 built a new store described as “a palace of jewels” by the New York Times. Charles Louis Tiffany earned the nickname “The King of Diamonds” in 1887 when he purchased one-third of the French Crown Jewels. Much later, the company reestablished itself as the lodestar of luxury after unveiling The Tiffany Diamond, a roughly 287 ct. yellow diamond that was cut into a stunning 128 ct. gem and worn by Audry Hepburn to promote Breakfast at Tiffany’s in 1961. If a diamond is forever, Tiffany & Co. jewelry and timepieces must be similarly timeless.
|Brand:||Patek Philippe, Tiffany & Co.|
|Model Number:||Ref. 3919J – 001|
|Lug to Lug (mm):||38|
|Case to Case (mm):||33|
|Bezel Material:||18K Yellow Gold|
|Case Material:||18K Yellow Gold|
|Caseback Material:||18K Yellow Gold|
|Total Weight (grams):||42.70|
|Movement:||Caliber 215 Stem Wind, 18 Jewels|
|Markings to Inside:||357 (hammer head hallmark) 750, 4205259 39/9, 4205259|
- Timekeeping accuracy not guaranteed.
- This item has been evaluated and verified by a Certified Master Electronic Watchmaker.
- EBTH assumes all watches unisex and does not specify the gender of a piece. For size reference, please see the case measurements of the piece listed under dimensions.
- Pre-owned jewelry may contain minor markings/imperfections throughout.
- While we represent items accurately on our site to the best of our ability, the color calibration of computer monitors can vary, causing colors to appear slightly different from one monitor to another. Due to this, please note that precise color representation of metal and gemstones is not always possible.
- running at time of evaluation without detailed testing, future state not guaranteed.
- certificate of origin.
- date of purchase April 8, 2004.
- Patek Philippe leather wallet with Collectors library, 95 page booklet of various models, and a salesperson card from Tiffany & Co. Post ST. San Francisco are included.
- double signed clasp.
- includes Tiffany’s booklet.