John Ruthven Offset Lithograph "Bengal Tiger," Circa 1968
John A. Ruthven (Cincinnati, Ohio, 1924 – 2020)
Bengal Tiger, circa 1968
Offset lithograph on paper
Signed to the lower left
Numbered 342 of 1,000
Plate I from the artist’s Regal series
Title inscribed in plate to the lower center margin
John Aldrich Ruthven studied at the Art Academy of Cincinnati and the Jack Storey Central Academy of Commercial Art. After graduating, Ruthven opened a commercial studio and started painting the realistic wildlife portraits he is known for today. Ruthven was a member of the Outdoor Writers Association, the Cincinnati Art Club and Art Director’s Club, the Cincinnati Artist’s Guild, and the National Audubon Society.
- Please note, this is an item that may be especially difficult to move and/or transport. Unless the shipping option is selected, the winner is responsible for bringing appropriate assistance, vehicle, proper materials, and any necessary tools to pickup.
- Item not examined outside of mounting
- Please note, if the warehouse transfer to Cincinnati option is selected by the winning bidder, the item will be available in Cincinnati for pickup after three business days after payment has been finalized.
- toning, foxing, and mat burn to print and paper; flecks of accretions and loose debris scattered between artwork, matting, and the covering of frame, but most heavily between the matting and the coverin of frame along the left side; abrasions, scratches, scuffs, and accretions to frame.
- measurements of frame; image measures approximately 28.75" W x 20.75" H.