Silk Organza Off-the-Shoulder Ruffle Gown with Accessories, 1930s
|Type||Evening Dress, Evening Bag, Gloves|
|Brand||Unmarked, Smart Style Coat Co.|
|Materials||Silk Organza, Silk Charmeuse, Ribbon, Nylon, Bead|
|Closure Type||Hook-and-eye, Snap|
|Period||Vintage, 1930s, Mid-20th Century|
|Origin||Philippines, Czechoslovakia, United States|
|Additional Information||1930s silk organza off-the-shoulder gown; ribbon rosettes at the straps and waist; bias cut inserts to the skirt; silk charmeuse underlay. 1950s coat-length gloves and micro-glass beaded bag.|
- Secondhand clothing, handbags and accessories may retain minor imperfections throughout. Any measurements provided are approximate.
- dress: fragile fabric with additional aging and wear; loss of wearability; garment is best suited for display or educational purposes; variant discoloration and staining; flattening to ribbon rosettes; staining at the armscyes; seam and fabric tears; areas of stitched repair; silk charmeuse underlay is shattering with multiple tears/thread separation.
- gloves: fabric aging with foxing and staining.
- purse: exterior surface wear; areas of broken stitching and minor bead loss; variant discoloration to lining.
- evening/wedding dress with sweep train: 34" bust, 28" waist, 55" center back length.
- coat length gloves: one pair is marked “Fits All Sizes”.
- micro-glass bead bag: 6" W x 4.5" H x 0.5" D, 3" handle drop.