1978 Rolex "Datejust" Diamond Dial and Bezel Stainless Steel Wristwatch
A vintage Rolex Datejust diamond dial and bezel wristwatch . This is an iconic watch from 1978 that features the classic design of a Datejust with the addition of a bold blue dial highlighted with 0.72 ctw of diamond hour markers, baton-style hands, and a magnified date window. This timeless design also includes a stainless steel bezel with an array of round brilliant diamonds, a stainless steel case, and the watch is displayed on a Steelinox Oyster bracelet that is closed with a fold-over clasp.
- running at time of evaluation without detailed testing, future state not guaranteed.
- aftermarket bezel.
- aftermarket dial.
- magnified date window.
- some of the diamonds are chipped and nicked.
- some of the diamonds have surface-reaching inclusions.
|Bezel Material:||Gold Plate|
|Case Material:||Stainless Steel|
|Caseback Material:||Stainless Steel|
|Movement:||2030 Automatic, 28 Jewels|
|Estimated Production Year:||1978|
|Markings to Inside:||Montres Rolex S.A., Geneva Switzerland, Stainless Steel, 6900|
|Dial Details:||Diamond Hour Markers|
|Clasp Style:||Fold Over|
|Case to Case (mm):||26|
|Lug to Lug (mm):||32.5|
|Bracelet/Fob Material:||Stainless Steel|
|Primary Stone Location:||Bezel|
|Primary Stone Type:||Diamond|
|Primary Stone Shape:||Round Brilliant Cut|
|Primary Stone Count:||48|
|Primary Stone Dimensions:||1.50 mm|
|Total Primary Stone Carat Weight:||0.72 ctw|
|Primary Stone Color Grade:||H – I|
|Primary Stone Clarity Grade:||I1 – I2|
|Secondary Stone Location:||Dial|
|Secondary Stone Type:||Diamond|
|Secondary Stone Shape:||Round Brilliant Cut|
|Secondary Stone Count:||10|
|Secondary Stone Dimensions:||1.30 mm|
|Total Secondary Stone Carat Weight:||0.10 ctw|
|Secondary Stone Color Grade:||H – I|
|Secondary Stone Clarity Grade:||I1 – I2|
- Timekeeping accuracy not guaranteed.
- This item has been evaluated and verified by an independent Certified Master Electronic Watchmaker and a Graduate Gemologist.
- EBTH assumes all watches unisex and does not specify the gender of a piece. For size reference, please see the case measurements of the piece listed under Dimensions.
- All diamond and gemstone grading is done under GIA standards as the mounting permits, where gemstones are present; where mountings impede accurate measurements, (estimated) dimensions are provided. All weights and measurements are estimated and approximate; where mountings impede accurate measurements, a calculated estimate is provided. Industry standard and accepted treatments for gemstones are assumed unless otherwise noted.
- Secondhand jewelry may contain minor markings/imperfections throughout.
- While we represent items accurately on our site to the best of our ability, the color calibration of computer monitors can vary, causing colors to appear slightly different from one monitor to another. Due to this, please note that precise color representation of metal and gemstones is not always possible.